What do you know about the book of Proverbs? It can be quite difficult to understand what’s going on without some knowledge of how Hebrew poetry works. In this episode Jerry Wierwille, serves as our guide to get a better grip on what Proverbs is all about. He explains the poetic structures, general approach, and theological content of this incredibly important book so you can get more out of it.
Notes and Links:
- Listen to Wierwille’s earlier interviews: Caring Enough to Confront, Hermeneutics, and Emotionally Healthy Spirituality
- Check out these sermons and articles by Jerry Wierwille on his website (JerryWierwille.com)
- Read the recently completed Revised English Version of Proverbs
- To delve deeper, take a look at Robert Alter’s The Art of Biblical Poetry
- Intro music: “District Four” by Kevin MacLeod. Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.