Back in Interview 11, Joe Martin talked about how he was soon to step down from his leadership position at the Church of God (General Conference). In this episode, you’ll hear from Seth Ross, who has taken up the mantle and who casts his vision for the future. You’ll learn about his background, his twenty years pastoring a church in Ohio, and how he came to be the executive director. What I found particularly refreshing about Ross’ outlook is how non-sectarian he is. Rather than looking at the Church of God as a denomination to be protected from hostile secularists, on the one hand, and heresy hunting evangelicals, on the other, he sees his role as a cheerleader and facilitator not only for his network of churches, but also individuals far and wide who are studying the bible and coming to discover God’s identity, the kingdom gospel, conditional immortality, and believers’ baptism. Whether you are a member of the Church of God or not, this interview should get you excited about the future of what God’s doing in the world in our time.
Notes and Links:
- Participate in the Christian Workers’ Seminar in Pigeon Forge, TN on April 23-28, 2017
- Come to the Theological Conference in Hampton, GA on May 18-21, 2017
- Here’s a list of churches affiliated with the Church of God General Conference in the United States and Canada (see here for other countries). Please note that there are several groups with the name “Church of God.” To find out about Ross’ group, visit coggc.org
- Contact Robin Todd on the Worldwide Scattered Brethren Network to see he can connect you with someone in your area
- Get more information about Eric Chang and the Christian Disciples Church (mostly in Asia)
- Check out Interview 11: Joe Martin, Looking Back on His Service at the Atlanta Bible College
- Intro music: “District Four” by Kevin MacLeod. Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.