What is the gospel? Growing up, Jacob Rohrer heard about Jesus dying for his sins so he could go to heaven. However, he’s come to see that this way of thinking is not only wrong, but goes against what Jesus himself taught. Listen in to Rohrer as he explains the five elements of the gospel, including (1) repentance, (2) kingdom, (3) Jesus’ death, (4) Jesus’ resurrection, and (5) obedience to Jesus. You may be surprised to discover that the gospel you received is not the whole message.
Notes and Links:
- Listen to Jacob Rohrer’s recent sermon from Revive 2017, “What To Do When You Fail“
- Watch a number of his sermons on YouTube, here
- If you want to get in contact, email Rohrer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can read some of his work on KingdomUprising.com
- Intro music: “District Four” by Kevin MacLeod. Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.